Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and you may be wondering what you’re going to do or what you can do to change your single status. It’s not always easy to meet someone that you want to spend that often times despised “Hallmark Holiday” with. We’ve compiled a couple of tips to help you find someone worthy this upcoming Valentine’s Day.
1) First and foremost throw out the idea that Valentine’s day is the deadline. It's not the deadline, but you can use it as a check point. Finding the person you can spend the rest of your life with is a process and there are steps involved. It's not like buying a gallon of milk and you can just go to the grocery store and pick out which one you want. You have to remember there are a billion possible matches for you and it will take some time and effort to meet the one for you, but it can be a lot of fun in the meantime if you’re knowledgeful and know what you are doing.
2) Learn how to make a connection with someone while in conversation. This really is a skill set and not everyone knows how to do it.
One thing you can do to start improving in this area is to initiate conversations with anyone you meet. Don’t wait to only talk with people you’re attracted to or want to date. It’s smarter to be friendly and practice connecting with anyone you meet.
If you’re in the elevator, smile, say hello, and make a comment to the other person sharing it with you. Maybe you can notice something about their bag, hair, or what they’re wearing. Throw out a compliment the person working behind the counter. Ask your Waitperson a question such as, “Where are you from?” These are all ways to start a conversation and will help you to build your confidence when it’s time for you to chat it up with someone you are interested in.
3) Get out and be seen - Your future Queen or King unfortunately isn't going to find you in front of you TV at home. Get online and find all the singles events, happy hours, business networking events, Non-profit fundraisers, etc. and get them on your calendar. These places are full of professionals and many of them are going to be single. The places you go to meet people don’t all have to be singles events. When you are at these events don’t forget to smile and try out your refined conversation skills. One trick to open the door for conversation at an event, go up to someone you’d like to meet, have a drink in your hand, and say, “Cheers”. Most anyone will respond positively.
4) Wear Red - When you're out and about at social gatherings or just any given day at work or the grocery store, take advantage of the Winter seasonal colors and wear red. This will attract attention to yourself and it's sexy. Also, research has shown that people are more attracted to both women AND men who wear red.
5) Make a list of things you've always wanted to do and do it. If your New Year's resolution is to get in shape, then get in the gym. Or maybe you've always wanted to try rock climbing. There are several groups out there that will provide lessons and get you started. How great would it be to meet someone there who you already know you have something in common with? Don’t forget to wear red :)
While Valentine’s Day can be annoying to some, it is a reminder to us all of the importance that relationships play in our lives. By following these couple of tips, you will be in a better place to meet and attract the kind of woman or man you desire. Maybe you’ll even spend the next V-day with them.
If you practice these tips and utilize the expert help of Cupid’s Cronies, you can make meeting someone wonderful, who will make your 2016 Valentine’s Day boast-worthy happen!
You only have a month … So, let’s get started. Contact Cupid's Cronies today at 1(855)62-CUPID (28743) or email Cupid@CupidsCronies.com.
How'd you meet the person in your last relationship? What did you do? Share your story or tips below.